I don’t know about you guys, but my little family loves breakfast for any meal of the day! So I’m always trying to mix things up, especially with keto. This breakfast bake is so easy to do and it freezes well for meal prep… If there’s any left over!
Kitchen Items Needed for Recipe:
- 1 lb Ground Pork / Breakfast Sausage
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 8oz baby spinach (optional)
- 8 oz Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Italian Seasoning
- Tony Chacherie’s (our go-to cajun seasoning)
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown 1lb ground pork in a skillet, season with Italian seasoning, Tony Chacherie’s, and garlic powder.
- Remove any excess grease from the skillet.
- Mix the cream cheese into the ground pork. I use a potato masher to mix mine together – it not only helps mix the cream cheese in but breaks the meat into smaller pieces! A little pro tip I learned from my Aunt.
- Once fully mixed and the cream cheese has melted, transfer the mixture to your baking dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the spinach and a little water. Place in the microwave and set for 1-2 minutes (or until the spinach is lightly steamed.. this step prevents your spinach from crisping in the oven).
- In a mixing bowl (or glass measuring cup), add 6 eggs and 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Whisk the eggs and cream until the eggs are a little more fluffy (it isn’t much of a different but you can see the visual change and the eggs will have a lighter texture).
- To the baking dish, add the spinach and shredded cheese on top of the meat and cream cheese (at home, I only put the spinach on my side).
- Pour the whisked eggs evenly over the spinach in your baking dish.
- With a spoon, mix everything lightly to allow the eggs to seep down to the bottom.
- Place in the oven for 35 minutes (if your eggs are jiggly after 35 minutes, bake another 5 minutes).
Curious to know more about Keto? You might also like these posts: