Missing waffles?? Well miss them no more! Today, I’m sharing with you my super easy keto chaffle recipe! A chaffle is a egg and cheese “waffle”. Surprisingly, it does not taste like egg when cooked.
I absolutely love waffles!! Before Keto, I would hunt for places that had chicken and waffles and then rate them on who had the best chicken and waffles. My family knows this so much I actually received not one but TWO new waffle makers this past Christmas! Eeeek! One is square and one is round so of course I kept them both!! And since a waffle iron is really just a hot plate (or grill, if you will) with a distinct signature pattern, it really is not just for your typical waffle batter.
Chaffles can be eaten just like waffles or used in place of bread for sandwiches. I freeze mine so I will include everything you need for meal prepping your Chaffles as well.
Let’s make some Chaffles!!!
Kitchen Items you Need:
- Waffle maker (it works best if you have a waffle maker that makes just one waffle but I use one that makes 4 waffles at a time and it works just fine)
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- Zip-lock bags (Quart size, freezer)
Ingredients (per Chaffle):
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese (your preference)
- 1 Tbsp Almond Flour
- Seasoning of your choice – if you plan to eat these as waffles, I wouldn’t season them. If you are going to use them as bread, I would suggest salt, pepper, and maybe some Tony Chacherie’s, Italian Seasoning, or some Garlic powder since they are bland.
- Turn on your waffle maker to your usual heat setting for waffles (I turn mine all the way up).
- Since the cheese has its own oils, you do not need to coat your waffle iron with any extra oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 1 egg, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, 1 Tbsp Almond Flour, and your seasonings.
- When your waffle maker is ready, bowl the mixture into the center of the iron, close and cook as normal!
- Remove your Chaffle when its done and enjoy!
- If freezing your chaffles: Place a square of parchment paper between each chaffle and place into zip-lock bags. I use Quart size and place 2 in each bag.
Macros per Chaffle: 3g Net Carbs, 28g Fat, 21g Protein (this may vary depending on your brand of almond flour and the cheese you use).
Find this recipe already built for you in Carb Manager as ‘Basic Chaffle (Duhon)’. You will need to add any seasonings you use if you like to be that specific with your macros.
Curious to know more about Keto? You might also like these posts: